Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Love Actually

        Love Actually ( 9.5 of 10 stars)

 
    One of the best romance movies I've ever seen = THIS!!!!!!!! What makes it even better is that it's a CHRISTMAS movie! I'm not a huge romance fan, but this got me into it. It's emotional, funny, romantic,( of course) and has some of the most awesome actors in it. I love this movie because, and this is one out of a hundred, all of the love stories are tied together perfectly and are all related in a cool way. I've only seen the TV version, but I still think it's amazing.  
      Now, this movie has like 20 characters, so I might not talk about them all, but I'll say my favorites and the ones that really stand out. Jamie ( Colin Firth) is such a sweet guy and is a writer, which I want to be, too, and I love how he learned a new language just to go to the girl he loved ( which she did too) to go and ask her to come back and marry him. The Prime Minister ( Hugh Grant) was so unsure about himself and Natalie ( Martine McCutcheon), who is his secretary, being together even though he's the Prime Minister. Seeing him dance around his house and getting caught was one of the funniest parts of the movie. Karen ( Emma Thompson) is so nice and beautiful, but you feel so bad for her when you see her husband ( Alan Rickman) get an expensive necklace for this ugly lady that he works with and when she thought he got it for her. Sam ( Thomas Brodie-Sangster) was and still is the cutest part of the movie with his desperate love for this girl at school who's going back to America, him and Daniel ( Liam Neeson) posing the trust scene from Titanic, and how he plays the drums at a concert for his school. Billy Mack ( Bill Nighy) was just way too weird for my taste but was funny every now and then.
    Mark ( Andrew Lincoln) and his love for his friend's wife is really cute and I love it when he can't talk to her and shows her poster boards with what he wants to say, that's so sweet! There are so many other amazing characters, but it would take forever to talk about them all.
    I love the part when Sam is running through the airport chasing down his crush. Some of this movie is really sad, for example, Sarah's ( Laura Linney) brother has mental problems and always calls her, so she feels like she can't not answer no matter what she's doing. Either way, this is an amazing movie and was definitely worth watching. I don't just like it, I love it, actually.;-)

1 comment:

  1. This should be coming on again soon, with Christmas season starting in just 6 days. Can't wait to see some of the classic Christmas movies.

    ReplyDelete